Tuesday 29 January 2013

A Day At The Races, But No Night At The Opera!

Hey team! I'm so sorry it's been 10 days since I last wrote but it's been manic at the moment! It's deadline time at uni so I've been working my bum off to get work done (or trying to at least...) which hasn't left me much time for blogging I'm afraid! Last deadline for this semester is Wednesday so I'll be back to posting regularly after that.

I went to Cheltenham Racecourse on Saturday and it was so much fun! I got to meet members of the boyfriend's family whom I'd not met before and don't worry, I apparently made a good impression. The ticket that we had included two £5 betting vouchers, so although I only won £6.50, I didn't lose any money, which is something I really can't complain about.This is the horse that won my boyfriend £12. Only a couple of the jockeys fell off their horses, but luckily no one, including the horses, were seriously hurt. It was a lovely weekend break away from the stresses of university and I got to see the boyfriend again, which was wonderful!

(c)Geraghty 2013

I bought a new dress for the occasion, although I didn't wear this to the races, I wore it when I went out for a meal that evening. It's not something I'd usually go for, so I was really pleased when I found it and discovered it fitted me! Sorry for the awful changing-room-picture! It's the only one I have; I'm terrible at taking photos at the moment!


It's a lovely mint-green colour! I love it. I'll be able to wear it in the evenings and in the days when the weather picks up in the summer!

As you may know, I am a little obsessed with drinking tea. Imagine my delight when I came home to a massive box with "Teapigs" written on the side! I quickly opened it up to discover an amazing gift from my sister:


11 different sorts of tea (one of the flavours has been doubled up because it's chocolate :P ) and each tiny packet has two teabags in! I think I may have to start doing weekly tea reviews, both on here and on my YouTube channel (that I have been abandoning lately... I really need to get back on that!)

I'm off to see the boyfriend in Exeter on Friday and I'm really excited to get almost a full week with him :D I'll be working on my dissertation too so I won't be relaxing, but I'll try to keep you updated on what's going on in the week with more photo-fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment